Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars {The BEST EVER! Alpine School District Lunch Version}

I know, school lunch might bring back some awful memories for some of us.  But trust me these are THE best peanut butter bars you will ever taste!  I used to buy school lunch just for the peanut butter bars.  I found this recipe in a Ward Cookbook that I received as a wedding gift, of course first thing I checked out was the dessert section! 

 

Peanut Butter Fingersimage
(Local Elementary School Version)

3/4 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

3/4 cup peanut butter

3/4 tsp soda

3/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cup flour

1 1/2 cup oats

3/4 cup additional peanut butter

Chocolate frosting

Combine first 8 ingredients; mix well.  Add flour and oats; press into 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 320 for 20 to 25 minutes.  Top with additional peanut butter while still warm.  Cool.  Spread with frosting.  Cut into squares.

Stephanie Wilkey
Cedar Hills 2nd Ward Neighborhood Recipe Collection, pg. 153

Chocolate Frosting

1/2 bag powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 cube butter

1/4 cup cocoa

1/4 cup milk


Mix all ingredients together, add more milk if needed.

Stephanie Wilkey
Cedar Hills 2nd Ward Neighborhood Recipe Collection, pg. 157

{Picture: Cheesy Kitchen}

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness--would you believe that I went to an Alpine School District elementary school over 35 years ago and was just telling my kids how delicious our school lunch peanut butter bars were? I decided to google search for the recipe and was just so pleased to find the recipe posted here. I can't wait to try it out to see if they are as good as I remember! Thank you so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...