Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

This year for Thanksgiving we were planning on having both my family and my husband’s family here at our house.  But the day before my in-laws had to cancel due to the horrible weather.  So I was talking with my husband about what he wanted me to make, you know those special things that you always had at Thanksgiving growing up.  That your mom makes every year.  I realized that we didn’t really have a traditional dish for our “new” family.  This Strawberry Pretzel Salad, was the first thing that came to mind.  This recipes was given to me by a college roommate, I don’t make it often, but I absolutely love it.  It really probably shouldn’t be called a salad since it is not that healthy, more of a dessert really. 

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

{Photo Courtesy:  All Recipes}


Ingredients
2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels

3 tablespoons sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

1 12-ounce Cool Whip 

1 6-ounce package Strawberry Jello

2 cups boiling water

1 -10 ounce bag frozen sliced strawberries

Whipped cream or Cool Whip for garnishing

 

Directions

Topping: Add 2 cups boiling water to Jello; mix well. Add strawberries to jello. Cool Jello mixture in fridge until thick.

Crust: Melt butter; add sugar. Crush pretzels with rolling pin and add to butter mixture. Press into bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees; cool well.

Filling: Combine cream cheese and 1 cup sugar; beat well. Add Cool Whip; spread over cooled crust. Pour or spoon thickened jello mixture over cream cheese mixture and set until firm. Spread additional Cool Whip over the top, cover with foil & refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

I’m linking up to these parties

 

If you are here from a link party, I am in desperate need of help!  I would love your opinion as to which Christmas card design to choose this year!!  I would much appreciate your help, you can click HERE to see the post about my Christmas card dilemma!  Thanks!

20 comments:

  1. Oh this recipe looks great! Been looking for a good one for Christmas! Will try!
    You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...