Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

image

These Enchiladas are oh so good and easy to whip up.  They are my favorite dinner to make and we eat them like every-other week. 

I first had them at my good friend, Angela’s house.  We used to have Sunday Dinner every Sunday and would rotate between us three friends.  It was awesome A) because I only had to cook dinner every three Sundays.  And B) because my two friends are fabulous cooks and would always cook something tasty, so I got lots of new recipes.  Sadly we no longer live close to each other, rather I moved away from them, tear . . . So one Sunday Angela made these enchiladas and I told her she had to send me the recipe.  I waited until Monday night to send her a kind Facebook message reminding her I really wanted the recipe!

The message might have sounded something like this:

Not to sound naggy or impatient, really I know you're busy, but I REEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY want that recipe! I can still taste the goodness! Oh so good! In case you need it my email is: ashlie.fackrell@gmail.com, that's ashlie {dot} fackrell (as in my name with a period in the middle {at} (as in I had this delish chicken enchilladas at your house and I must have the recipe) gmail {dot} com. Ok that's all. See you soon.
Love ya,
Ash

To which she replied:

Um wowzers calm down chicka! ha ha I 'm glad you liked them.

Which might be code for “I think you are crazy and might casually avoid you from now on.”  But I didn’t care, I HAD TO HAVE THAT RECIPE!!  And she gave it to me, so that was all that mattered. 

I tell you this quaint story so you’ll know how good they really are!!

 

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


{Ingredients}

6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice (3 small limes)
1 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I use 2-3 chicken breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound monterey jack and Colby Jack cheese, mixed and shredded


1 1/2 - 16 ounces cans green enchilada sauce
1 1/4 cup heavy cream

{To Make}
Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour.

Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce with 1/4 cup heavy cream on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.

Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese and drip about 2-3 tablespoon of the mixed sauce (green enchilada sauce and heavy cream) and roll. Fill pan with rolled enchiladas.

Save about 1-2 cups of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the remaining cream. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with leftover cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes and then broil for 2 min to brown the cheese.

 

Now enjoy life as you know it before you make and eat these, because after that life will NEVER be the same!

 

Photo Courtesy: Whipped Cream On Top

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I AM glad you like them. And I DO think you're kinda crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I LOVE this recipe. I omit the cream for a healthier version and it is still DELISH.

    See you Saturday. Any book requests?

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...