Friday, October 8, 2010

Birthday Invitation

We interrupt our regularly scheduled Halloween/Fall programming . . .
 
Jaylie's B-Day Invite 2

There are tons of different ways to make photo card invitations/announcements, but I thought I’d share with you how I make mine.  Most recently I made invitations and thank yous for my daughter’s second birthday. 

 

image {Program/Software:}  I use Microsoft Publisher, I’m familiar with the settings and features and it didn’t cost bucko bucks.  With Publisher 2010 you can make a blank publication in any size you want.  These were 4 X 6. 

 

image {Inspiration:}  I’m am always creative enough to just come up with my own design all on my own.  I like to look at what others have done and then put my own twist on it.  For this invitation I browsed around Bunny PrintsTiny Prints also has tons of gorgeous ideas. 

 

ssam_cutiepatootie_paperprev1 {Background:}  The pink background and blue ribbon were from a free digital scrapbook download, Cutie Patootie by Scrapity Scrap and More.  I am not really into the whole digital scrapbooking thing, but love to use the stuff for other projects!  The green scalloped circle, I just made using the shape tool in publisher. 

 

I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts! kevinandamanda.com/fonts{Text:}  The little saying at the top I found on another birthday invitation.  The fonts I used were Smiley Monster and Monster Paparazzi, both from Kevin and Amanda:  Fonts.  I LOVE all the fonts they have to offer, sooo cute and sooo many choices!

 

image {Printing:}  We got ours printed at Sam’s, but anywhere that does photo printing will work.  It is important to save your document/pictures as a BMP.

 

For the thank yous I just you used a picture and then slapped some text on top, not quite as fancy as the invites, but still cute.  To personalize them I typed the thank you notes, printed them on cardstock, cute them down to size and stuffed it all in an envelope. 

Thank You Pic 2

What is your favorite way to do invites/announcements?

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...